Global Brown Sugar Market
As stated in our extensive report, the Global Brown Sugar Market accounted for USD 17.9 Billion in the year 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 31.2 Billion by 2030.
The significant factor compelling this market’s growth is the increasing demand from various sectors of the food and beverage industry; hence, this growth is expected in the forecast period as well. Brown sugar is usually made from white sugar crystals that are refined enough to allow precise control of the ratio of sugar crystals to molasses and reduce production costs. The molasses in brown sugar produced in this way can be easily separated from the crystals to produce white sugar but is often coarser than its raw counterpart. When making organic brown sugar, cane molasses is added to fully refined white sugar crystals in the correct proportion and proportion to the molasses content.
Organic brown sugar is classified into different types, and all of these types are defined by a higher or lower molasses content. Brown sugar has several food-related applications, such as dairy, baking, and other uses. The baking industry prefers brown sugar over regular sugar due to its hygroscopic properties and molasses, which is estimated to increase the demand for brown sugar in the future. Also supporting the expansion of this market is the growth of a health-conscious population looking for healthier alternatives to white sugar.
Key factors influencing Brown Sugar Market Growth
The growth of the global Brown Sugar market can be attributable to the following:
- As the world’s population continues to grow, so will the demand for brown sugar. As it is a popular sweetener in various foods and beverages, brown sugar is considered a healthier alternative to white sugar because it contains a number of vitamins and minerals. Growing awareness of being healthy among consumers has increased the demand for brown sugar.
- 2. Natural and organic products, including food and beverages, are a growing trend. This has increased the demand for brown sugar as it is a natural and unprocessed product. Additionally, The global bakery and confectionery industry is growing rapidly, and brown sugar is a popular ingredient in many of these products. This increased the demand for brown sugar.
- As disposable income increases, consumers are willing to pay higher prices for quality products. As a result, the demand for quality organic brown sugar has increased.
- Governments of various countries encourage the cultivation and processing of brown sugar as a way to promote rural development and also create jobs. Also, the food industry is growing rapidly, especially in developing countries, which has increased the demand for brown sugar as a key ingredient. All such factors have increased the availability of brown sugar and increased its demand.
- As disposable incomes have increased in developed economies, the demand for high-quality consumer goods such as baked goods is increasing, increasing their importance in the food and beverage industry. The baking industry prefers brown sugar over regular sugar due to its hygroscopic properties and molasses, which should increase the demand for brown sugar in the future.
Europe Region Forecast to Lead the Global Market in the Estimated Period
Europe Brown Sugar market is expected to hold a major market share in the global Brown Sugar market, followed by North America. Brown sugar is mostly produced in countries with tropical climates, such as China, Thailand, Vietnam, India, South Korea, Bolivia, Brazil, and Indonesia. Indonesia is one of the brown sugar-producing countries with great potential as a brown sugar exporter. Brown sugar is widely used in Indonesia as a sweetener and flavor and color enhancer. This is one of the options used to meet Indonesia’s sugar demand. Due to its increasing demand, demerara sugar is produced in other countries such as Mexico and India.
The overall Brown Sugar Market sales have been favorably impacted by increased demand from end users, health benefits, the growing food industry, and competitive pricing.
The well-known players of the Global Brown Sugar Market include Imperial Sugar (U.S.), American Crystal Sugar (U.S.), Sudzucker AG (Germany), ASR Group (U.S.), Sunshine Sugar (South Africa), Tate & Lyle (U.K.), DOMINO FOODS INC (U.S.), Garrett Ingredients (U.K.), Billington Food Group (U.K.), Organic Tattva (India), Mantra Organic (India) and others.