Global Endotracheal Tube Market
As stated in our extensive report; the Global Endotracheal Tube Market accounted for USD 2.1 Billion in 2022 and is forecast to reach USD 3.13 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 5.9%.
Endotracheal Tubes are medical devices used to intubate the trachea to keep the airway open and give certain medications. The airways are used for mechanical ventilation because microbial infection is dangerous. To avoid and lower the occurrence of ventilator-associated pneumonia or hospital-acquired infections, Endotracheal Tubes are coated with a drug-releasing coating that releases antimicrobial agents to inhibit bacterial development and biofilm formation (VAP). Endotracheal Tubes coated with medications or other substances that give them antimicrobial qualities are referred to as coated tubes. Growth in the market is anticipated to be fueled by the growing prevalence of chronic diseases like respiratory and cardiovascular illnesses and an increase in surgical procedures. Additionally, Endotracheal Tube-related technological advancement is anticipated to impact market activity during the forecast timeframe significantly.
Factors Influencing Global Endotracheal Tube Market Growth
The growth of the global Endotracheal Tube market can be attributable to the following:
- The main factors driving the Endotracheal Tube market are the high demand for Endotracheal Tubes due to the rise in surgical procedures and the prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, and other respiratory diseases as the rise in mortality cases.
- The market for Endotracheal Tubes is benefited from the ageing population, increasing healthcare consciousness, and rising healthcare costs.
- The increase in surgeries increasing the use of Endotracheal Tubes, technological advancement reducing the risk of infection associated with tubes, and the rise in ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) in patients on mechanical ventilators or Endotracheal Tubes for longer than 48 hours all contribute to the market growth for Endotracheal Tubes.
- The market for Endotracheal Tubes is influenced by the high adoption of coated Endotracheal Tubes due to their broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity in vitro, which lowers bacterial adhesion and prevents the formation of biofilm on the tube surface, as well as the rise in the number of critically ill patients.
- In the anticipated time frame, the Endotracheal Tube market players will benefit from developing antimicrobial coating and anti-coagulant coating properties to decrease VAP.
On the other hand, the absence of information about advanced treatment options, rising direct and indirect costs, and long recovery times are anticipated to impede growth.
North America Region to Take Over the Market
Due to the developed healthcare system and rising prevalence of chronic diseases in the region, North America dominated the Endotracheal Tube market and generated the highest revenue share. Major players’ existence in the area also facilitated market expansion. The region is home to well-known companies like Medtronic, Teleflex Incorporated, and Medline Industries.
An elderly population base and an increase in surgical procedures favorably impact the overall Endotracheal Tube market.
The well-known players of the Global Endotracheal Tube Market include Teleflex Corporation (U.S.), Medtronic (Ireland), Medline Industries (U.S.), Venner Medical (Switzerland), Sonoma Pharmaceutical (U.S.), Hospiteknik Healthcare (India), Armstrong Medical (Ireland) and others.