Global Immunohistochemistry Market
As stated in our extensive report, the Global Immunohistochemistry Market accounted for USD 2.1 Billion in the year 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3.7 Billion by 2030.
The significant factor compelling this market’s growth is the increasing implementation of automation and machine learning in IHC, and the adoption of technologically advanced Immunohistochemistry (IHC) solutions are expected to significantly impact the market during the forecast period. Advances in IHC protocols have raised this requirement to a significant level in disease diagnosis. Additionally, the increasing number of product approvals and the introduction of technologically advanced IHC systems for disease diagnosis will further stimulate market growth. Also, there are more products approved for use, and technologically advanced Immunohistochemistry solutions have been released for the diagnosis of diseases. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases is expected to increase the demand for Immunohistochemistry products, thus fueling market expansion.
The Immunohistochemistry Market is expanding due to increasing emphasis on drug monitoring, better detection capabilities for various diseases, technological advancements, and increased public awareness of new diagnostic devices. The use of IHC protocols has increased in clinical pathology, particularly in the fields of hematopathology, neuropathology, and oncologic pathology. The method had a significant impact on cancer diagnosis. Therefore, the increasing incidence of cancer is expected to increase the need for Immunohistochemistry and expand the fuel market. Additionally, the widespread use of Immunohistochemistry in development and drug development is expected to boost revenue growth during the forecast period. Whole-slide imaging and digital image analysis provide accurate and unbiased assessments. Therefore, image analysis is suitable for various drug development processes, such as target validation, biomarker expression studies, patient stratification, drug repositioning, and drug safety and efficacy studies.
Click To Get a Free Sample On the Research Study
In March 2021, Roche launched the discovery Green HRP kit for the detection and profiling of biomarkers and cell populations in tissue-based studies. This kit can be used in combination with other detection kits, increasing the multiplexing capability of in situ hybridization and IHC. The technique of Immunohistochemistry is limited to individual parametric evaluations of the sample. However, newer techniques such as multiplexed IHC allow multiparametric and detailed analysis of a single tissue segment using advanced mass spectrometric detection methods. Multiplexed IHC helps overcome the technical challenges of the method based on labeled fluorescence detection, thereby increasing market revenues. The growing elderly population in developed and emerging economies would favorably influence the market. The incidence of age-related disorders is expected to increase dramatically as the world’s geriatric population grows significantly. RT-PCR, IHC, and electron microscopy were used to detect the virus, indicating that the effects of SARS-CoV-2 are not limited to the lungs. Buildings.
Key factors influencing Immunohistochemistry Market Growth
The growth of the global Immunohistochemistry market can be attributable to the following:
- The growth of chronic diseases and the growth of the geriatric population in developed countries. Demand for less environmental impact, increasing concern for workplace safety, and government encouragement are all factors driving the growth of this industry. The Immunohistochemistry market can expand due to population growth and rapid urbanization, which will lead to many new construction projects.
- The growth in research and development activities is increasing, Immunohistochemistry and regulatory outsourcing, and strong growth in collaboration between pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are contributing to market growth. However, the lack of experienced professionals and a trained workforce with cross-functional skills is expected to hinder the growth of the Immunohistochemistry Market during the forecast period.
- The key factors influencing the growth of the diagnostics segment are the introduction of new products by several market players, the rise of point-of-care diagnostics, and rapidly evolving technology. In addition, viral epidemics and chronic diseases worldwide and the use of diagnostic technologies for the development and delivery of personalized medicine are likely to drive the growth of the market.
- The SARS-CoV-2 outbreak had a significant impact on the early-stage growth of the market, as laboratories and research facilities faced a shortage of reagent supplies due to the global shutdown. For example, according to ASCP’s February 2022 update, the need for test tubes and other shared laboratory supplies during the pandemic threatened access to all diagnostic tests.
- Technological advancements in Immunohistochemistry products are also likely to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of existing products, which is expected to positively impact the demand for Immunohistochemistry products during the forecast period.
North America Region Forecast to Lead the Global Market in the Estimated Period
North America Immunohistochemistry market is expected to grow due to commercialization and advances in biotechnology. The IHC market in North America was the largest globally in 2022. The wider use of this immunohistochemical equipment in diagnostic facilities and laboratories is attributed to the dominance of the North America region. Additionally, favorable reimbursement practices in countries such as the United States and Canada are encouraging the adoption of automated devices, supporting the expansion of the IHC market in the North America region. Additionally, the increase in the number of cancer patients from North American countries is expected to increase the need for these immunohistochemical methods.
The overall Immunohistochemistry Market sales have been favorably impacted by rising investment in Automation and Machine Learning in IHC, with the introduction of Technologically Advanced Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Solutions.
The well-known players of the Global Immunohistochemistry Market include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), Merck KGAA (Germany), and Danaher Corporation (U.S.), PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S.), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.) and others.