Global Organic Coffee Market
As stated in our extensive report; the Global Organic Coffee Market accounted for USD 8.9 Billion in 2022 and is forecast to reach USD 28.8 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 18.3%.
The market expansion is fueling due to the rising awareness of the advantages offered by organic food and drink worldwide. It has been demonstrated that Organic Coffee can help with weight loss, lower cholesterol, increase immunity, reduce the risk of cancer, and avoid neurological disorders. Also, it is known to stabilise dangerous free radicals that are already present in the human body, preventing extensive cellular deterioration. The linked health advantages and new on-the-go coffee inclination of the millennials are also driving up demand for Organic Coffee. Also, the benefits of eating organic food are being widely publicised thanks to the rising promotional efforts on social media platforms and in traditional media including newspapers, TV, and the internet.
Moreover, Organic Coffee is being used more frequently in vegan bakery and confectionary goods as well as personal care items. The younger population in emerging regions is becoming more oriented towards healthier beverages, such Organic Coffee, as a result of the rapid adoption of western culture and rising personal health consciousness. A wider customer base has also been drawn in by the development of creative Organic Coffee and coffee-related varieties including cold coffee, café latte, and cappuccino. In the upcoming years, it is projected that these factors will continue to fuel the industry.
Factors Influencing Global Organic Coffee Market Growth
The growth of the global Organic Coffee market can be attributable to the following:
- Raising consumer awareness: As customers grow more aware of how their decisions affect the environment, they are willing to pay more for products that are produced responsibly and organically, including coffee.
- Consumer concern over the welfare of coffee growers and their communities is leading to a rise in the demand for fair trade coffee, which they are even willing to pay more for.
- Government restrictions: Governments all around the world are putting legislation into place to encourage the adoption of sustainable and environmentally friendly agricultural practises, which is causing the market for Organic Coffee to expand.
- Restricted supply: Producing Organic Coffee needs more time, work, and resources than producing conventional coffee, there is a finite amount of it. Due to this scarcity, prices may rise and the demand for Organic Coffee may expand.
- Benefits to health: Due to the absence of potentially hazardous chemicals found in non-Organic Coffee, Organic Coffee is said to be healthier than coffee cultivated conventionally. The demand for Organic Coffee is being driven by this alleged health benefit.
- Consumer interest in organic and sustainably produced coffee is growing as customers’ coffee consumption habits change to include more specialty and premium coffees.
Throughout the projection period, the restraint for expansion in Organic Coffee market is due to the higher manufacturing costs associated with Organic Coffee compared to regular coffee made with synthetic chemicals. Over the projected period, the availability of product alternatives will also limit the growth of the Organic Coffee market.
North America Region Expected to Take Over the Global Market
The Organic Coffee market is dominated by North America, mostly due to the region’s sizable consumer base and the high demand for sustainable and organic goods. Major markets for Organic Coffee include the US and Canada, due to increasing interest in healthy lifestyles, environmental concerns, and ethical sourcing. This region is home to many well-known participants in the Organic Coffee industry. This region is home to a number of well-known companies in the Organic Coffee industry, including The Kraft Heinz Company, Starbucks Corporation, Allegro Coffee Company, Keurig Dr Pepper Inc., and many others.
Latin America’s market for Organic Coffee is also expanding in the recent years due to the region’s favorable climate conditions, government support for organic production, and rising consumer demand for environmentally friendly and sustainable goods.
The demand for Organic Coffee is growing because of a number of factors, including rising consumer concern for their health and the environment, the idea that Organic Coffee is better for them, the adoption of sustainable agricultural methods, and fair trade. Customers are flocking to Organic Coffee as a more sustainable and healthier alternative as they become more concerned about the effects of their dietary decisions on the environment and their health. The growth of the Organic Coffee market offers a chance for coffee growers to adapt to changing customer demands and use sustainable agricultural methods that encourage social and environmental responsibility.
Some of the prominent players in the Global Organic Coffee Market include- NESTLE S.A. (Switzerland), The KRAFT HEINZ Company (U.S.), Starbucks Corporation (U.S.), Jim’s Organic Coffee (U.S.), F S Gourmet Private Limited (India), Wessanen (Netherlands) and others.