As stated in our extensive report; the Global Connected Aircraft Market accounted forUSD 2.7 Billionin the year 2021.
The requirement to replace traditional data optimization and data connection systems with more well-organized systems has significantly increased as the need for operational efficiency has expanded. The term "connected aircraft" refers to an umbrella concept that includes air-to-air connectivity, ground-to-air connectivity, in-flight entertainment, and related Wi-Fi facilities, along with IoT-based aircraft technologies.
The Connected Aircraft solutions facilitate airlines to carry out the above with the satellite communication systems, antenna, data gateways, and airtime services. In addition, these solutions allow airlines to reduce costs and provide ease of ownership for owners and operators.
Additionally, a Connected Aircraft not only improves the comfort and productivity in the cabin but also advances the safety and competence in the cockpit and maintainability on the ground, as well as delivers a more safe, efficient, and comfortable experience for passengers.
Factors Influencing Global Connected Aircraft Market Growth
The growth of the Global Connected Aircraft Market can be attributable to the following:-
- Growth of the Global Connected Aircraft can be attributable to significant factors such as the increasing demand for functional efficiency, the need to upgrade the prevalent connectivity systems, and the growing worldwide aircraft deliveries. The increased air passenger travel is boosting the demand for new aircraft.
- The rise in demand for high-speed internet connectivity is in demand for various applications.
- The leading market participants are adopting SATCOM and broadband as solutions, therefore needing alternate speeded transmission modules, leading to the market's growth.
- The demand for technologically advanced commercial aircraft has significantly augmented in the past few years.
- Significant players in developed nations are focusing more on innovative manufacturing of advanced aircraft.
However, the cyber security issues and the existing backlog deliveries are the restraining factors that might hamper the market growth in the future.
North America Region to Lead the Market
North Americadominated the market with the largest share in 2021 and is projected to continue this trend during the forecast period. Many aircraft systems and service providers, such as Viasat Inc., Gogo LLC, and Collins Aerospace, drive the market expansion in this region. In addition, the growth contributed to these companies comprised a significant Connected Aircraft Market share in 2021.
As per Vantage Market Research, the growth in demand for modernization of existing connectivity systems in aircraft and the rise in implementation of big data analytics and real-time data analyticswill expandthe Global Connected Aircraft Market greatly.
Some of the key players in the Global Connected Aircraft Marketinclude- BAE Systems PLC, Zodiac Aerospace, Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Burrana Inc, Thales Group, Cobham PLC, Gogo LLC, Inmarsat PLC, Honeywell International Inc. and others.